Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Midterm #6

This is midterm number 6. This midterm involved two separate projects, but they both involved using layers in GIMP. For the first part of the midterm I had to add an image of a penguin to text and move the penguin to behind the text. For the second part of the midterm I had to create text and rotate it to a 45 degree angle. I had to add layers and repeat multiple times. I had to save the image as an animation. These are the screenshots that show the process of completing the midterm. It is a midterm exercise from the Immersive Education course that I am taking at Boston College. The course is called Discovering Computer Graphics. For details, visit the immersive BC portal at http://ImmersiveEducation.org/@/bc

PART 1 OF MIDTERM 6
I had to create a new image filled with transparency.


I had to create a text with my name and then add a new layer filled with White and change the opacity to 71.0


I had to add another layer with the fill type transparency and paste the image of the penguin on it and then anchor the layers together.

 I moved the Tux (penguin) layer down so that it is behind the text and this is the final exported image.

PART 2 OF MIDTERM 6

I had to insert a text circle with my name in it.

 I added a new layer with the fill type White and pasted the text circle with Stephanie McCaffrey to this layer.

 I used the rotate tool to rotate the text circle 45 degrees and then anchored the layers together.

I repeated these steps 3 more times.

I then saved the image as a GIF and as an animation with a delay between frames of 500 milliseconds and this is the final exported animated image.



No comments:

Post a Comment