Monday, July 28, 2014

FINAL 5a: Greenfoot JoC #4 Finally some code!

This is Final 5a: Six Greenfoot JoC #4 Finally some code! For this part of the final I had to follow a tutorial to start coding a game. There are the screenshots that show me doing my own coding while following someone else's coding. It is a final exercise from the Immersive Education course that I am taking at Boston College. The course is called Discovering Computer Graphics. For details, visit the immersive BC portal at http://ImmersiveEducation.org/@/bc  

I started off my selecting the TurtleWorld. This gave me the sandy background. I clicked on turtle and selected new turtle. This created a turtle on the sandy background.

 I then opened the editor and programmed the turtle to move 1 step.
 I also programmed the turtle to move 4 steps.
 I had to click compile and then added more turtles. When I clicked run they turtles move 4 steps.
 I can also right click the turtles to get them to select something for the turtles to do. I made them move 20 steps this time.
 I also right clicked and made the turtles turn 90 degrees.
 This shows the turtle moved 90 degrees.

I opened the editor again and made the turtles move 4 steps and turn 5 degrees.
 I clicked compile and then ran the program.  The turtles moved and rotated at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment