Thursday, July 17, 2014

Class 7, FINAL PREPARATION: Choosing a Javascript programming track

For this assignment, I had to use three different Javascript programming tutorials: Khan Academy, Learn Street, and Code Academy.  If I had to chose one it would be close between Khan Academy and Code Academy, but I think I would chose Khan Academy.

I personally thought that Khan Academy was the best.  I liked how it takes you through how to program step by step.  The tutorial uses a young girl's voice, which makes it seem like any one can program.  The Khan Academy tutorial shows you all the different things you can create, such as create games, movies, websites, and animations. I also liked how it shows you how to code.  You can see a code written o n the left side and see the results on the right side.  Lastly, you can share your programming, ask questions, and give feedback, which I think would be very helpful in programming.

My next favorite was Code Academy. I found it to be very easy. It takes you through creating a web page right away. I liked how it was a very participatory tutorial. It will tell you what each element stands for, show you what to do, and then it has you do it on your own.

My least favorite and the most difficult was Learn Street.  Although it is participatory, I thought it was very confusing to get through. It doesn't explain what you're doing when it has you participate.  I also feel like there was a lot of things you could chose from and it doesn't take you through programming step by step like the others did.

These are the screenshots of me using the three different Javascript programming tutorials.

Khan Academy:





Learn Street




Code Academy









No comments:

Post a Comment