Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Midterm 1

This is the screenshot process of taking the redeye out of photos using GIMP. I started with a picture of a child with redeye and used the GIMP Color Picker Tool to get rid of it. It is a midterm exercise from the Immersive Education course that I am taking at Boston College. The course is called Discovering Computer Graphics. For details, visit the immersive BC portal at http://ImmersiveEducation.org/@/bc


This screenshot shows the tutorial of how to remove redeye from a picture.


 I opened the picture of the boy in GIMP and wrote my name on the top right of the picture.


 I then selected the Color Picker tool to select the color of the boy's eye that wasn't red.


I zoomed in the picture from 100% to 400% so that I could easily change the red from red to the selected color, using the paint brush tool.


 This shot shows one eye being filled in with the matching color using the paint brush tool


 This is the image zoomed back to 100% in GIMP after removing the redeye.


This is the final exported version of the picture after removing the redeye.




No comments:

Post a Comment